“A survey not only offers peace of mind, but could potentially save you thousands of pounds in costly repair bills in the future.” – RICS
The decision to purchase or lease a property can be a difficult one to make and it is unwise to proceed without first taking expert advice. Failure to consider properly the condition, construction and arrangement of a building can lead to expensive mistakes being made.
Buildings are complex but a Chartered Building Surveyor will see and consider things that may be very important that you would not be aware of. They will consider not only the style of construction and the building’s condition, but also its arrangement, compliance with statutory requirements and other matters that may affect your ownership or occupation.
Combining professional expertise with sound residential advice, our Building Surveyors are able to provide invaluable advice and assistance to the prospective purchaser.
- A full inspection of all safely accessible parts of the property by a Chartered Building Surveyor.
- A bespoke written report with photographs dealing with the construction of the property, its condition, defects and significant future maintenance issues.
- For flats our survey concentrates on the subject flat, but we do inspect other safely accessible exterior and common parts of the property, and provide outline advice on those also.
- Unlimited follow up advice by telephone or email on any aspect of the survey throughout the purchase process.
- Liaison with your solicitors on any issues arising. If you provide us with their details we can send them a copy of the report directly.
We are used to working quickly to deadlines for exchange of contracts, and can prove to be a valuable source of information for you and your solicitor when negotiating purchase prices or lease terms.